PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 12:31
blueonblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This always seems to happen, two people getting into a spat online. I've no interest in throwing bricks at each other, am merely pointing out that there's very little point commenting on something you know nothing about, and since you are not a CSN pilot nor are you a long haul pilot that your presence and comments on this thread are misinformed at best and simply false at worst. Everyone seems to have a different story, I have one colleague PIC on every flight he does, 120 landings this year already and hates it. Another younger colleague who recently became pic and does his level best to avoid performing a landing or being pic as he correctly points out that he isn't paid any more.

Added to that I have never begged for a landing. We operate long haul flights with 4 crew and that means 3 trips per month to go around, a requirement for all to perform 3 landings every 3 months. This means there's always someone that needs the next available landing to stay current, a requirement a short haul pilot simply wouldn't consider. It suits some, it doesn't suit others.