PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 11:54
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple solution. Do away with random seat allocation as much as possible. Select your seats at online check in. Earlier you check in online then better your chances to select and pay for seats you prefer. If you fail to online check in time then you go to a check in desk. Ask if your preference seat locations are available and pay by card if a charge is due. Alternatively you should be given a choice - pay the nominal cost for a preferenced seat or waive the charge and take what you're given.

I found a very valid comment on this issue which was:

You know this when you choose Ryanair. Why should I pay for this & then have to listen to people in front of me holding up queues arguing they SHOULD be put sitting together when they easily COULD be sitting together had they paid for it. No pay, no play.
the journal.ie

However, I do find it ridiculous that people who decide not to buy allocated seats then kick off cause they can't seat together. It's a stupid argument. Is austerity THAT bad that punters can scratch a few bob together to buy seats together. You can be damn certain some of these people are the ones flashing the cards for the exorbitant in flight snacks, beers, duty free products. Complete storm in a tea cup. There's zero legal or contractual implied or otherwise, it's open, fair, balanced. Nuts that people get knickers in a twist on an issue they had choice in purchasing allocated seats but go mental when they can't seat all together. Meanwhile majority of pax on board have actually taken a decision to buy allocated seats.

Last edited by mik3bravo; 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:14.