PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 11:37
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm with occasional on the T&C question. The relationship between a person and a company on a retail transaction should be straightforward enough to be understood by both sides in the vast majority of cases without reference to the legal documentation. The legals are substantially there in case of a dispute rather than customers reading them by default - and I imagine most people lack the legal knowledge to undetstand fully the finer points of the T&Cs. It is the responsibility of the company to communicate clearly in easily understood language and in a transparent and obvious manner what a consumer should expect on a retail transaction prior to purchase.

Ryanair will have a few lawyers who have substantial legal training and act once for all journeys sold for the year - making it worth their while. Expecting Joe Bloggs who didn't go to law school to refer T&Cs on a purchase worth £50 to a solicitor who charges £200 per hour might be legally permissible but is utterly unreasonable - it's why we have consumer protection laws in the first place

If I buy a train ticket from London to Edinburgh, I have a clear understanding of what to expect without reading the legals. Same goes for flying with Easyjet or BA. I don't understand why Ryanair should be able to bury things in the legals and get away with it.

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 3rd Jul 2017 at 11:59.