PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 06:04
Yesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes

Originally Posted by captain330
Hi I saw the news that Vietnam Airlines is laying off expats, I was encouraged to apply but I am not sure anymore. Is it true? I mean how many candidates can you lay off?
Very sure my friend. The plan of the airline is to fly the A321 fleet with only vietnamese pilots. They are recruiting more than 200 local cadets now, and will be released shortly, so these cadets will push for the upgrade to Captains to the actual vietnamese FO's, and these new local Captains, at the same time, will push out of the company to all expat Captains flying now in the A321 fleet. They just need 60 days to advise the expat pilot to be fired, same as they did already with all A321 Senior First Officers. They need the instuctors now to train all these new vietnamese cadets, but when they are released... Good bye instructors, Captains, etc... Vietnam Airlines is not a good place for expat pilots anymore. This is the truth, i have been flying here for more than 10 years, and i have a very good local friend working in the Company, he told me..." Start looking for other place as soon as you can, the plan of the company could start tomorrow or next year, but for sure they will do it ". Now you can do what you want, but as a pilot, i need to advise to all my colleagues that this airline is not recommended for expats anymore. Good luck