PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tenerife TFS
Thread: Tenerife TFS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 02:05
Hitbacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA safety pilot around on this thread?

Hi fellow pilots, in exactly the debate of this thread:

Well a) I hope this is compliant with forum policy and interest and b) not to incense the interesting debate above, I intend to log as PIC and allow an FAA licenced reader to go along:

I intend to log more time on my own aircraft for subsequent use on an EASA rating (FI-IR, the equivalent of a CFII in fact). I currently have the CMEL/ IR and a Cherokee 140, G430 non-WAAS and the idea is that I go under the hood, and the safety pilot who would need anything from a few dozen to 150 hrs pays the mogas (STCed a/c, obviously). So all you need is to be likable person with a private FAA licence and time on your hand, in July and August. Whilst we are not in the air, I am all in favour of air museums, visiting your relatives, swimming in the ocean in walking distance from an airfield, checking out national parks or whatever sounds appealing to do with a SEP and some time at hand.

A/c is currently in SC, but I am quite flexible for this air camper experience, flying under IFR for the x/c part, shooting approaches and having a good time. With summerly density altitude Colorado part of Rockies is probably not a good idea ;-). For anything else, heck, let's have fun and build time.

So, if you are a hangar rat and pleasant enough to sit in a cockpit with another pilot who is under the hood, I would love to hear from you. Or to refer this post to anyone you, the benign reader, knows to whom this might be of help.

Cheers!

(the intent of the post is to not circumvent any applicable rule, but to comply with them to the letter or their last dot - there are rules, and we respect them, where they apply; and challenge them in a legislative process; but EASA LHS under the hood and FAA RHS does not infringe a single rule, in my book - and I am a fully licensed attorney).