PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 21:14
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Past through the airport yesterday about 10.00am. Decided to have a coffee as our flight was delayed about 20 minutes. So we went to the first one after security, is it the Strangford? Place pretty quiet as first rush over and before the second one. Bought our coffee and then went to find a table. Almost every table still had cups/plates etc from the earlier rush. No tables being cleared. Hardly any customers and 5 staff on duty. No tables being cleared at all. We sat until 10.30, by now the second rush is starting. At that point I went up to the counter and asked if they had any comment cards. Panic then! No comment cards but the staff member then went looking for help. A second appeared, I asked if there was a manager available. No, no managers worked weekends. I explained my concerns re the tables and was then encouraged to leave my comments on their website. At about 10.40 the second lady started to clear some tables. I think I met some of the 72% of employees who are not engaged with their employer yesterday. A disgrace for our premier airport and certainly the scene I witnessed yesterday did absolutely nothing for the image of the airport.