PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dans la Merde......
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 17:06
thunderbird7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A week after the mighty 'rods left SMG, we planned a pd during an Ops CT in order to drop off the late John Gill's bicycle and kit to his wife, as he was shortly posted back down south. On landing, an 'o'ring seal on the red system brakes split and we dumped the fluid all over the pan. Now, you would think there might still be a rubber seal left in stores and someone to sign off the work but alas, no joy. Rumbled! Seal and a Chief Tech had to be flown down from Kinloss to fix it.
Being Friday night, we repaired to the bar where, as old friends and kipper mates, we were treated to beers by all and sundry. Imagine my surprise when at about 2200, our trusty crew chief phoned the mess requesting help to jack up the jet. The recently appointed (grumpy) Sqn Ldr Ops had insisted we do it instead of using any of the VASF guys, so I can honestly say, its the only time I've jacked up an aeroplane while completely ****ers but it all went perfectly well so there must be a moral in that somewhere...