PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lack of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 20:50
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its no secret that Norwegian are again short of pilots for this summer as indeed are Ryanair who are also cancelling flights.

The problem is 30%+ growth and despite a massive ramp up in training capacity there are just too many bottlenecks, some unforeseen other more obvious.

The anti Norwegian brigade fall into broadly two camps, those employed, but sacked for having Tourettes on the company intranet site and those who applied but didn't' get called.

Having worked for/flown on behalf of Norwegian for 5+ years i can only say this, they have never missed a salary payment, for the past two years I have been in taper relief for pension contributions (£150K=+) I have had to use the QRH twice in anger.

5 years running its won best European LoCo award with skytrax and 3 years running the best world wide LoCo long haul airline.

95% of people I fly with are happy with their lot in NAI

The two main anti- Norwegian posters on here where both sacked by Norwegian and did not win any industrial tribunal

Its not perfect of course, but with 130 aircraft and a willingness to go for it there are bound to be frustrations, its clear that 99% of posters don't work for Norwegian, the 99% of those that do laugh at some off the idiotic comments on here...

No one is forcing you to join Norwegian, but we'd welcome those that wish to get involved and have good craic