PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 18:46
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Officer Kite

wow you managed to insult 500+ pilots in one go...like any airline with a reasonably sized fleet (40+ aircraft) we do have our share of ASRs but atleast touch-wood so far we have been managing safety on a proactive basis. Since we had alpha cadets coming in batches atleast restrictions have been placed on their operations to certain airports in certain seasons till they get 750 hrs on type. After that they have a performance review flight(s) Same for new upgrades as well.

The topic here was the mgmt of alpha and aby for the MPL programme ...but you managed to write off the entire training and operations dept of ABY sitting on your comfy chair Wish you could say this after you made a successful landing into some of the destinations we operate to.

Just to let you know. cadets have to pass various stages during their line training....and the training sectors get extended multiple times if it cannot be seen that the cadet can land in certain conditions into certain airfields. They also have to fly these approaches fully RAW mode without autothrust, autopilot or flight directors (idiot bars). Have you tried that in 45 deg C with the thermals bouncing you all the way down to touchdown? say Medina for instance or Khartoum or Shiraz? Landing everyday into SHJ with a 10 to 15kt tailwind?

Atleast i find the pilots know to fly their planes here....whilst i was working for an award winning airline in the same region i realized some had forgotten how to handfly completely.

On a side note: From your posts looks like you yourself are an MPL hopeful with easyjet... so you will understand what i am saying once you finish your Line training. Good luck with your training and future.