PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL Changing Question style
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 17:40
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed. I also wonder how many pilots in general would pass the new exams with high scores.

Will they be asking all current pilots to redo the tests in the current format to ensure all pilots are up to the same standard? If not, then it defeats the whole purpose of trying to up the standard.

If this is being done in the interest of safety then that's all well and good, however I fail to see what extra safety benefit it will give considering a significant majority of those already qualified will not pass the current tests and won't be asked to.

Edit to add the entire thing reeks of arrogance on behalf of EASA. Who do they answer to? All other exam boards I know of regularly conduct reviews of the exams they are providing, and more importantly they address issues with exams as and when they arise. EASA's approach is "ask them whatever we can to trip them up and don't give them any hope of putting us to task" ... they are untouchable.

You can of course complain about specific questions, by the time you get the result of the complaint your mates would have probably achieved command ...

'Safety' agency? I think not. Focus the exams on what we need to know and stop trying to trick us.