PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL Changing Question style
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 13:59
RedBullGaveMeWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TryingToAvoidCBs
Recent students are being spoon fed their ATPLs. Didn't have a question bank when I did mine, didn't have a problem assuming you're being taught properly.

Now I admit, if you're using BGS for example you're going to be distance learning, so you won't have a department full of instructors available 24/7, hence the question bank is very usuful. But the amount abuse and reliance the question banks now gets is a joke. I'm glad the ATPLs are being shaken up, it's about time students were made to think.
When you did yours, the ATPL was not full of weird, ambigious, questions written with an even more ambiguos English.

Why would a Captain speak among the lines to his first officer? Because then later he can claim to have been misunderstood. Yes, this is an actual ATPL question.
What defines a first group? A family celebrating the mother's 40th birthday. Yes, this is another ATPL question.

And I could list you more questions, with different correct answers in several countries. One in Performance for example has 4150 as correct answer in Germany, 3860 in Poland.
In another question in Flight Planning a CB apparently does not imply severe turbulence and icing, just some moderate stuff.

First they need to fix this, sort this mess out. Then they should change it.

It is going to be a massive