PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Fights Back. Literally!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 11:40
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aeropix
All this animosity towards the ME3 is really confusing to me when it is Delta's own management who are constantly giving away their flying and outsourcing US jobs to their Skyteam partners.

10 years ago and long long before Emirates was any kind of threat, (not that it is today for Delta, who has a totally different geographical area, but that's another argument) Delta already outsourced all the India flying that they complained bitterly about in the video, to KLM and Air France.

Today, the Narita Hub is totally dismantled after outsourcing all the Asia flying to Korean.

Where's the employee Moral outrage over that?

Delta has unilaterally pulled out of Bangkok and Taipei this year. They stopped NWA's old Shenzhen Shekou check-in for HKG flights a few years ago. They stopped JFK-NRT flights as well. Now if you want to fly Delta to anywhere in S.E. Asia you get to go via PVG on China Eastern or ICN on Korean. First choice is a total joke of an airline and the transfer process in PVG is a nightmare. Second choice means you pray that their is an expat in the flight deck or your life is in jeopardy.

Your post shows you are one of the few who actually gets it. The U.S. legacy carriers are out-sourcing their international flying and pretty much all international growth potential to alliance and code share partners. Their management have got the morons at ALPA chasing their tails with this battle against the ME3 and Norwegian all while "the other hand" is dismantling their premier international flying and future growth potential.