PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lack of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2017, 00:33
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you come to the conclusion I've "achieved nothing aviation wise"? I'm genuinely interested. Have you assumed that because I'm a student pilot it means I had no life prior to it? I had a choice to continue in my previous aviation related role with very promising future prospects. However, I wanted to fly for a living and so left my role, that burning thing called the flying bug took over eventually.

But contracts like Norwegian? I would have stayed in my previous role, earnt a respectable amount and bought my own bloody plane to fly on weekends.

Yes. You really do have to love pprune

Something I'm already seeing is the apparent tendency to attack one another when there is even a suggestion of malpractice. "Just be glad they're paying us" appears to be the motto for many. No wonder the likes of Norwegian are able to run riot, and no wonder those on the outside (those who would make good pilots) are no longer coming in their droves. Not everyone is so desperate to become a pilot, make no mistake. Obviously those who are haven't got the correct % of suitable airline individuals among their ranks. This leading to Norwegian unable to crew flights as has been reported.

They're trying to offer McDonald's pay and conditions whilst setting the selection bar at a surgeon's level. May it haunt them.

Last edited by momo95; 1st Jul 2017 at 09:57.