PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2017, 22:19
Dobbo_Dobbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roverman
The image LAX_LHR posted was indeed Option 5 of 6 considered at the feasibility stage of MAN-TP. One of the drawbacks of this particular design was the lack of a dual Code E (B777/A330 etc) taxiway system. The retention of stands in front of the cargo sheds meant only enough room for a dual Code C taxiway system along the terminal (B737 / A321, and just visible in the image). This was found in simulations to be inadequate for the volume of large aircraft now using MAN and thus the adopted Option 6 was modified to include a dual Code E taxiway. Developing on the basis of Option 5 is not currently a working project but clearly going for a continuous linear extension through the current T1 footprint is an attractive option and becomes more feasible once T1 has been replaced by the expanded T2 next decade
Hi Roverman

From what I've seen and heard, my understanding is that "scenario 6" would be progressed with flexibility to 2020 to consider "scenario 5".

That seems to follow your explanation, but it does leave a question mark about the land to the north of where a replacement for T1/3 would be situated. Is that a "scenario 1" type of solution (which to me doesn't seem the most optimal) or is there something more significant - to create additional space next to the runway - a viable option?

Cheers!

Dobbo