PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can I get a job ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2017, 11:05
Uplinker

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts
You have already spent money and time, but honestly, having been in the business for 17 years in two airlines, I personally would not try to become an airline pilot if I were starting today. The glory days of aviation are over. There will be a handful of individuals in each airline who make it through to the few remaining good jobs, but most of us will either not make it or will end up constantly tired and stressed, possibly living away from home for long periods, and not really enjoying life or work.

You will have to start in Low cost and this is not much fun any more, and it is not glamorous. The skies are busy, ATC is busy, the ramps are busy, everything is done at the lowest cost, so your working environment and support will be poor. Fatigue is never very far away, no matter what anybody says.

If you are determined to continue, I don't know much about them but have you tried Wizzair in Budapest? Send your CV to every A320 operator in the world, (check first your eligibility to fly in their countries), and send it again every three months. If you can, go and actually knock on doors and ask to speak to the chief pilot for 2 minutes, and give them your CV in person.