PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E170/190 Angle of Attack
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2017, 15:47
Vessbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it? The topic is pitch and power settings in the QRH. Don't you know when you'd refer to them?
I do, but that's not my question. I'm trying to figure out your conception of flying an airplane, in normal flight.

Not really. I take it you disconnect the AP every time you need to accelerate to avoid it then?
You assume it's already connected. Most of the time it's not, and when it is, I use VS mode for that phase to avoid leveling off.

You can look in your own QRH to find out when you'd use them. I'm not going to spoon feed you.
Again, you seem to be trying to help me find my way (arrogantly, at that) to an answer to a question I didn't ask.

No, you said every time you need to change pitch would I refer to the QRH. The answer is still no.
I said both things. I can only interpret the "no" to apply to both. So now that it's cleared up that you don't use the QRH every time you change pitch in normal fight, what about "TLAR and then fine tune it with the performance instruments?" First you said "no," but then you described how you accelerate to 300 in a way that's tantamount to the same thing. So which is it?

What do you suggest someone new on type should do?
Only use the autopilot, don't bother learning the attitudes, (or any other aspect of flying the airplane) and enjoy life. After all, "we're not pilots anymore, but automation managers!"(Something said to me by a line check airman, with no hint of irony; he was in support of the notion.)