PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCPH/PFO Airport
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2017, 09:50
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by AirGuru
If you're going to PFO then i'd recommend flying in on a non-Tour Operator flight.......
I flew in and out with Easyjet. Unfortunately the flight arrived (and departed) at late afternoon / early evening peak time when aircraft were landing every 5-10 minutes, so it probably didn’t make a lot of difference who I flew with. At that time of day, the airport suffered from a toxic combination of understaffing and lack of physical capacity. I reckon about 1000 pax per hour were arriving, but capacity at passport control was less than half that. It took me about 90 minutes from entering the terminal to leaving it, which apparently isn’t that bad, relatively speaking! At least I was able to walk straight into the building – about 20 minutes later it was full, and disembarking passengers were being held outside. Returning wasn’t much better. Easyjet check-in was OK, but again there simply weren’t enough staff doing pre-security and security checks and the backlog just grew and grew. When I finally boarded my flight. I was shocked at the length of queues of arriving passengers snaking around the outside of the terminal.

Out of curiosity, when I got home I Googled news stories about Paphos Airport which is when it became clear that the problems with the airport were ongoing and well known. I had hoped that what with Paphos being a European City of Culture in 2018, the issues would have been dealt with. But apparently not. Like I say, it’s a shame because some people have clearly been so affected by the experience that they’ve chosen not to return.

I don’t know if arriving at, say, lunchtime makes the ordeal any easier?