PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near Mt Gambier
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2017, 07:05
ZAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog

Originally Posted by Desert Flower
Ohhhh bugger! Wonder if weather was a factor? Photo I saw looks like either fog or light misty rain, much like it is in my location at the moment.

P.S. Just read the news report re the weather.

Another AF down.
Factors?
Here in S/West has been lousy for days.
Saw the task come on email decided not to bid for it based on previous cold fronts.
Didn't check MTG WX was it speci?
200 feet for some time and saw the odd approach to land on internet using runway 29?

The age of the pilot should not be an issue, I am 70 yo and have cancelled angel flights due to change in WX or winds or night requirements and I found AF in Brisbane accommodating, never judgemental and bumped the patient up to an RPT.
Airlines in VIC at least have standing order if Carer buys seat patient flies for free.
At least it used to be.
No doubt we will hear about it all in due course, once the accident investigators are finished and I do hope AF survives their 2nd fatal crash.
I saw the effect at Nhill township it had on locals who I knew and it was a sad month for the town.
Now its Mt Gambier.
But the people who fly with us are in our hands as pilots they trust us to do the right thing and no one goes out to crash.
Its what we AF pilots don't need and no doubt CASA will threaten to re regulate like they did last time..

Last edited by ZAZ; 29th Jun 2017 at 07:35.