PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mahon Biography - "Breaking Ranks" - James McNeish
Old 29th Jun 2017, 06:16
ampan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't hate McMahon. As Australian Prime Ministers go, he was alright, as was the one that drowned. But Rudd was a b*tch.

"plaintively" isn't the word you're looking for - "plainly" might be, but it would be a very bad choice: After Mahon's report was released, numerous senior Air New Zealand managers were suspended while the police investigated the perjury allegations. No-one was even charged, let alone convicted. It should be noted that in New Zealand, as in Australia, anyone can lay a criminal charge, not just the Police. Mahon could have done it, or he could have got one his Law School buddies to do it, such as Bernard Brown, Associate-Professor of Criminal Law. And given that there's no time limit, that fatuous old windbag could waddle down to the Auckland District Court tomorrow and charge, for example, Captain Ross Johnson with perjury. But he wouldn't dare.

Yesterday I asked another stupid tosser to identify an incident of perjury. Nothing. I ask again.