PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near Mt Gambier
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2017, 12:21
jobsright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
I take a fair bit of umbrage at this post.,,,,,,enough to think you have commercial concerns/ambitions.

The investigation has just began....

where is the info that says........
1. The aircraft in question was not IFR rated (it is capable of being so)
2. Do you know the Pilot wasn't licenced IFR
3. Do you know he wasn't current?
4. Do you know that he wasn't legal?

Sorry, but your statement and the questions I have on it just ring that you have an axe to grind....one without a handle it would seem.

It may come out that you are correct, but on given public domain information at the minute, i'm forced into that mindset

enjoy your cyrstal ball.

Cheers
Jas
Without going into a long reply, unless you were taking off in in an IFR twin turbine with auto feather, I am fairly sure YMTG would have been no go this morning. I don't have an agenda, other than I spoke with the pilot involved in the Nhill crash at Essendon and later learnt of the accident. I have seen the wreckage of that aircraft and after this incident, just do not want to see any other vulnerable people hurt in a similar set of circumstances. People with chronic medial issues use angle flight around the country every day and without their support, outcomes for many people would be terrible. We don't all have access to a primary hospital an hours drive away. That being so, the program has to be lifted. I would want this for any one I know and I am sure you would too.