PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mahon Biography - "Breaking Ranks" - James McNeish
Old 27th Jun 2017, 19:22
ampan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The address to write to is: Harper Collins Publishers (New Zealand), Unit D1, 63 Apollo Drive, Rosedale, Auckland 0632, New Zealand, who advise that “The pages used by Harper Collins in the manufacture of this book are a natural, recyclable product … ”. In other words, you can wipe your arse with the stuff, which is handy to know. The ISBN reference number of the publication is 978-1-7755-4090-8. I’d never heardof this McNeish fellow but he appears to have written many books and Harper Collins reckon his Mahon biography will become a classic of New Zealand literature. I would have thought that its publication would meet the topicality threshold for this website.

I don’t need to worry about AerialPerspective any more but another chap said he found it difficult to accept criticism of Mahon from someone who despises the honourable judge. Let me make it easy: Focus on what is said, not who says it. Isn’t that the whole point of these anonymous forums? If I were to say that smoking was bad for one’s health whilst half-way through a Benson & Hedges Special Filter (from the 25s packet, not the 20s) does that mean I’m wrong about smoking and that everyone should take it up?