PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2017, 14:36
WYOMINGPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blueonblue
Reading all this has left me totally confused. Where is it you guys all work that you are in a position to throw stones? I mean where are these perfect jobs? The only downside to this job is the time away from home and the stupid medical and its tough sometimes. if you cant handle china guys stay at home. It's not for the faint hearted and it's not for everyone. But man it isnt as bad as some people here have said, ill stay here for the rest of my career if i can dodge the dreaded medical pit...
Blue-blue most jobs allow you to actually be the PIC, not get smoked upon, have some say when you get to rest vs. having the PIC tell you as the Cruise Captain when you will sleep. As I understand it the A-330 guys fly regularly as the PIC but on the Boeings you are still nothing more than glorified Cruise Captains begging for a landing occasionally, attempting to avoid a smoke filled chinese cockpit and pleading for a few hours rest during the night vs. being assigned the daylight rest periods along with the PIC dictating what fuel load and alternate airports you will use and denying you any input.