PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Recreational' flying in NZ mid UK PPL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2017, 10:59
Spit-Fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying PPL in NZ

Hi V90JAJ,

I moved to New Zealand 6 years ago with a UK CPL and fly all over the country. Flying here is wonderful, quiet in comparison to the UK and most of Europe and the scenary is stunning. There are some great airports and air strips to visit around the country with many being very cheap or free to land at.

The instructors are generally well trained and keen to instruct at high levels, one area of training here which isn't a requirement in the UK is Mountain Flying. Understanding Mountain Flying and the effects are well worth knowing, not only for flying in NZ but also other countries for any of your future flying needs.

As far as i'm aware you will be able to log time with an instructor which will count towards PUT (Total Time). You may want to look at temporary study visas at the NZ immigration Website - I think you have 3 months of study on a standard visitor visa.

My local flying club here in Auckland can advise you on any questions you may have, details listed below.

For the best advice speak to the CFi Phil Welcome or Steve Rotherham, both very knowledgable people on your subject.

(0064) 9298 4747
[email protected]

airlineflyingclub

Last edited by Spit-Fire; 27th Jun 2017 at 11:01. Reason: added detail