PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2017, 06:09
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roverman

Many thanks for your authorative information in respect of this work. Clearly you are a man in the know.

If the capacity rises to 55m will there not have to be an incremental rise in stands to accompany that terminal capacity?

It's great to see any UK airport expand especially as Heathrow runway 3 appears doomed thanks to our dithering politicians.

Looking at the Manchester Airport footprint it would appear the TP will at best retain the same number of stands and possibly even reduce them?

In essence to get to 55m you either

A) increase the size of aircraft across the board.

B) fill up the gaps in terms of movements.

C) Push Winter capacity to reflect that of summer.

I am told but cannot qualify that there is evidence to suggest RYR have increased eg Liverpool and Leeds as they are unable to get slots at Manchester.

Is there any creative thinking that you are in a postion to share to try and squeeze in extra stands ?

As an armchair analyst I'm struggling to see how this will work.

When i lived in the area 8 years ago there were plans to go East around T3 but a sheet of graphene a mile square would be required to shore up the apron due I believe subsidence ?

The only other available location would be West alongside that spotters viewing park but I suspect that is a money spinner the airport are possibly reluctant to lose?

Last edited by Navpi; 27th Jun 2017 at 10:15.