PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2017, 20:57
Mr Mac

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts
Bjones4
Just came up from Palma pm today with Jet2 on A330 to MAN and have to say the flight crew were very good at keeping passengers informed (we had a delay when boarded due to incorrect bag on board, which had to be off loaded obviously, which took approximately 50min). Flight deck invited kids and parents to come up while bags off loaded to see FD which I thought was a nice touch, and was a credit to them. Also crew were very good at keeping passengers informed re delay and during cruise. I was quite surprised at altitude flown both on outbound and return with both being over 40,000 ft which is higher than we have normally flown on that route, and indeed even on other routes world wide.

AC was full on both sectors and Air Tankers FD and Jet 2 cabin crew performed very well in our opinion, and we would use again. Cabin crew said they preferred A330 to 737/767 due to better PAX / CREW ratio and space.

A quick note re Palma (as holiday season coming) and immigration as we had issues on outbound leg as it took nearly an hour to get through passport control, and we were told there is a work to rule going on which is causing delays. One other point and I am not a regular user of Palma, but why is the airport so damned hot ! It was 29c inside with 58% humidity today, which to me as a seasoned world wide traveller, seems poor in comparison with other large airports in more tropical zones eg SIN / INH. Would strongly suggest they improve A/C as it did not leave a good impression today.

Anyway would recommend the Jet 2 / Air Tanker partnership in my limited experience, and would use again on that route or short hops that Jet 2 do with it. Only shame was that trip was a bit of a waste as boat that we went to see was not up to snuff, but never mind .

Regards
Mr Mac