PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset?
Thread: Headset?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2017, 16:40
BatteriesNotIncluded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by India Four Two
BNI,

The pairing is straight forward as per the Lightspeed manual.

Once the headset is paired, to answer an incoming call, you briefly press the Bluetooth button on the battery box.

To make a call, press the Bluetooth button once and talk to Siri.

I didn't want to call ATC on their emergency number, so my son acted as substitute.

It worked perfectly, so I was surprised by your comment. After some research, I discovered that the Siri "always on" feature was introduced with the iPhone 6s, which I have. On an older phone that supports Siri, if the phone is not charging, you need to press the Home button while talking to Siri.

A comment on the Zulu 3 headset. A year ago, my headset was stolen and I had to replace it, so I considered the Zulu 3. However, it is much more expensive and it requires more batteries, so the battery box is much bigger. I stuck with the Zulu 2.
Aha, the 6S. Yes, I have a habit of not buying the interim variants of the iPhone. It would seem this is the first feature I will be sad not have from an "S" model. It would seem the processor is efficient enough to have the mic always listening without too much additional battery drain (although the idea of it always listening is troubling! haha)

I figured out the pairing. I just needed to kick start the process with a longer button hold.

Thanks for all this info. Interesting stuff.