PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ties Cut With Qatar
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2017, 22:18
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AfricanSkies
UAL777 so you'd just up and leave Qatar would you? Doesnt say much for your judgement or your loyalty.

QR just posted record profits, it's a great place to work and I for one am proud and happy to be working here. I wouldn't consider moving to EK or the other if things did get worse. I'd stay and do my best to help out.

I hope this situation gets sorted out soon but I for one haven't seen much of a change.. We typically use more fuel going around weather en route than we do going around the UAE.
This is exactly what I hear from my QR crew buddies and numerous ex-pats I know in Doha. Literally 1 is thinking of leaving, but has been thinking of packing in her crewing job for the last year or so anyway, so is totally unrelated. Everyone else I know, in Ops and various other roles at DOH have no intention of leaving. Like has been said, QR have posted record profits recently, they are still going ahead with their expansion plans, are looking into the Indian market and are trying to buy a share of AA. It has just won a range of skytrax awards again, boosting it's profile higher than the other gulf carriers. Those are hardly the signs of an airline in decline. El Al has survived all this time amid countless conflicts and airspace restrictions with it's nearest neighbours and faces hefty bills for security, why would much wealthier and larger QR be worse exactly?

The country is still trading with non gulf states, so is ticking along just fine. The Qatari government is not kicking anyone out or making demands. Indeed if they wanted to, they could cut off the gas to the UAE, but take the moral high ground. As this all goes on I am sure more and more countries will start to wonder what exactly is driving all this. The sheer diplomatic brutality being exerted on Doha is ridiculous and I think the world is starting to realise this.