PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2017, 13:19
blueonblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regards staff travel, i've used it several times and it works fine. There are many better programs out there for staff travel for sure. Working as a foreigner in CSN is a relatively new thing for the chinese pilots and staff so there are constant comparisons between 'us' and 'them' and this does sometimes lead to friction.

Staff travel is one of those areas as any benefit 'we' are given is scrutinised by the local pilots for comparison with their contracts. They simply dont understand the life of a contractor as their country doesn't entertain the type of shenadigans that we (westerner contractors) are used to. Most of them don't even know what tax or insurance is as they dont ever need to know. A lot of the western guys come to china and sign a contract where everything is clearly stated them moan afterwards even though they are been given precisely what they asked for and signed up for.

Reading all this has left me totally confused. Where is it you guys all work that you are in a position to throw stones? I mean where are these perfect jobs? The only downside to this job is the time away from home and the stupid medical and its tough sometimes. if you cant handle china guys stay at home. It's not for the faint hearted and it's not for everyone. But man it isnt as bad as some people here have said, ill stay here for the rest of my career if i can dodge the dreaded medical pit...