PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mesa Airlines
Thread: Mesa Airlines
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2017, 00:30
Amadis of Gaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A Squared
I would think long and hard before applying to Mesa. They are just about the bottom of the barrel.

Just as a single example, it is the which made the "Mesa Board" famous. What is the Mesa Board you ask? Well, excellent question. The Mesa Board is a piece of plywood which is as wide as the seat length of a 1900, and long enough to span the aisle of a 1900. It's just a little too big to conveniently stow inside of a legal carry-on suitcase, so it is pretty obvious if a is carrying one. They existed because Mesa would schedule their crews for a late arrival and early departure at an outstation, but would not provide a hotel room, because technically, the did fell within the 121 duty time limits, so wasn't an "overnight" even though they were remaining at the outstation overnight by the dictionary definition of "overnight". The would make and carry these pieces of plywood so that they could sleep in the s, stretched out across the aisle.

I don't know if this is still the practice, likely not. But ask yourself; do you want to work for an operator who formerly treated it's like that? They may have been forced to improve some conditions, but has their fundamental philosophy on how employees should be treated changed?
For one thing, they no longer have 1900s, so I doubt the practice persists.