PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380plus winglets
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2017, 12:10
OntimeexceptACARS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the last week I flew on the A380 for the first time, cattle class, LHR-DXB and DXB-HKT, back to back, the first sector on the big fella (EA donks), the second on the Trip (GE donks).

Having no preference or preconceptions of either, I can make the following unbiased observations:
1. The A380 is a palpably better experience for legroom, shoulder room and just a feeling of more space.

2. Stick your A380plus up your backside, 11 abreast for up to 16 hours? No thanks.

3. The A380 was noticeably quieter during taxi, takeoff and cruise. Both flights were roughly seats near the starboard fans in terms of front/back of the aircraft.

4. I completely get the superior freight lift of the B77W, and am aware that its a better profit tool than the whale.

5. A serious recession would possibly kick Emirates very hard, if they fly half empty A380s. On my flight, as its entering low season at HKT, the DXB-HKT sector was much quieter - wonder if they ship much freight on this route, or if STC regrets cancelling the A350 order after all...