PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA progression in 2017
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2017, 16:36
abvpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roundhouse
Yeah your not the only one in this boat. I had hours come over a period of two and a half years leaving me with 1700TT but all single and no multi due to the nature of the previous company. At such a dead end and nervous that only having having high single time makes me ineligible for some operators... I guess you have to keep the applications rolling and make sure not to stay stationary. I have found that is key to keep morale from being low. Good luck to you mate, your not the only one in this boat!
Oh God.. I'm also in the same boat as you both. Dead end at current company with only singles, 1400 hrs and the struggle to find another company that is actually hiring. Applications flying out every week, camping on AFAP day and night (for the past year) and getting email replies that either they're not hiring, not enough twin hours/night/ifr is quite demoralising.

What do you mean by having high single time makes you ineligible for some operators?
I've also heard of this, but unsure of what the upper single engine time limits are?