PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2017, 06:24
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Van,

Let's not go through this again. There are photos of the Russian Army SAM unit entering Ukraine and then quickly exiting after the misidentification and engagement happened. The identities of the firing unit and their unit have been identified to the satisfaction of everyone outside Russia - which continues to this day to try and generate false news and confusion.

Are you serious? All this stuff is taken from social networks (SN). First, provocators like "billingcats" and likes publish some fake news with fake evidences in various SN and then others use them as references and "confirmed" evidences.

But this is an informational war with no rules and all those dirty journalists do not surprise me. Western press do not publish evidences that circulate in Russia and vice versa.

What negatively surprised me, was the technical report from TNO and NLR, which I studied attentively. Experts were using some M&S (modeling and simulation) frameworks with very little and fragmentary input data and did not hesitate to make conclusions. Moreover, the data offered by the BuK manufacturers were rejected.

Imagine a Boeing or Airbus aircraft crashes somewhere in a remote "3rd world" location and local authorities say: "We can reconstruct the work of the aircraft systems ourselves and determine the cause, we do not need aircraft manufacturer data and support because they are dumbs".

I am sure we will not convince each, though. Thus, I am sorry for not having time for this discussion.
Perhaps some new data will pop out sooner or later.