PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WATERFORD Airport
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2017, 01:11
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
That's exactly it Virgin Blue, the challenge for any carrier is to draw awareness and do so with very very limited budget. That is the biggest challenge, even above price...
And how much of a budget does it drain to have in a booking engine "London-Luton" as opposed to "Luton" and how much of a budget does it drain to spell "career" as "career" and not "carrier"?

Aer Southeast. For them, it is most important to spread the news that a London service is available from WAT again
You missed my point virginblue, I agree that a priority should be to spread the news that a London service is available again but they couldn't even manage that and all it would have taken would be to put "London-Luton" in their booking engine.

The guy behind this supposedly has 25 years in aviation, whenever I've read that sort of marketing previously they have elaborated detailing a bit more of a career background, whether management, CEO or whatever.

The website has gone up before it has been built, 'one liners', complete with spelling mistakes, are being added, anyone in aviation marketing would describe Luton as "London-Luton", there's a pic of a SF340 that is straight from a Google Images search of "Saab 340" that has been paint shopped and not very well at that, it goes on and on.

It is apparent that this is a one-man show and I'd question what he's been doing for his 25 years in aviation, an engineer, a traffic officer, check-in clerk, pilot, because it doesn't seem like he's got much, if anything, of a commercial background.