PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2017, 10:49
sittingstress

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Fellow Weber afficionados I have some sad news and I am in one hell of a quandary. Read my plight and please offer advice;

I have been planning my upcoming retirement (4.5 years hence) and made the decision to sell everything, buy a whacking great motor home and re-invade Europe. I intend to spend at least 18 months touring before returning to Blighty. I have picked my steed of choice (Burstner Elegance i910) and I am well into the research of the legalities of insurance, residence etc. All this is unimportant because I have noticed a perplexing option on the vehicle which is causing me extreme doubts about continuing the process.

I can have installed an "external gas point" which the salesperson explained was to facilitate the easy and regular BBQing which will inevitably take place. A gas powered BBQ? Laughingly I dropped him with a flurry of blows and left his establishment. However on returning to the house I did some reading and it became increasingly clear that a lot of camp sites are not too keen on proper BBQ'ers using the correct fuel. The correct fuel can be hard to find and is difficult to transport back to the vehicle on a bicycle. Ye Gods!

My options are now:

1. Purchase the option and a suitable BBQ thus accepting I am a turncoat and will probably need to wear a dress and attend a gender reassignment clinic in Thailand. Additionally the public use of said BBQ will admit to Europeans that I am one of them.

2. Ignore the option and maintain my natural English masculine superiority yet exclude myself from many sites.

Please help.

PS The option also includes a set of scatter cushions and 2Kg of pot pourri.