PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset?
Thread: Headset?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2017, 22:04
18greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a toughie!!

I have flown for 25 years, the first 200 hrs with a basic peltor headset ( still works for my pax - never needed repair). At 200 hours I splashed on a 10.13.4 x. Best decision ever. 1000 hours later I still don't need hearing aids ( I know plenty younger that do). You fly with the volume knob on the radio at one or two, not twenty to hear over the background noise. The headset has never yet failed. It owes me nothing but still carries on. They accept a lot of abuse and they are easily repairable.

There's a few DC NC headsets on ukga. Definately worth £300.

The Bose are nice but......oooh they are nice but... perhaps a little flimsy.

We have a set of light speed anc in our ac, they are nice but again a little flimsy compared to DC's.

Remember if you ears are ringing you have permanently damaged your hearing. You will also happily pay thousands in your 50's to restore lost hearing. Your choice. If you want a really cheap pair put a notice on your flying board. Most pilots have collected many headsets over time and would be happy to sell. Perhaps a retiree will sell you his old dc's. I have at least 4 sets. PM me if you need a pair - I may have one that meets your needs.