PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 21st Jun 2017, 19:07
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the second pre inquest review hearing on 20 June, the coroner set the date of the third pre inquest review for 24 January 2018 and indicated she would like the full hearing to commence in September 2018. She did also say that the inquest may be suspended if the police decide to bring criminal charges.
She also said to the families of the victims:
"I want to assure you I am satisfied that they are moving forward as quickly as they can in quite difficult circumstances and they are hoping to bring their investigation to a conclusion as quickly as possible."
According to press reports ( The Argus )Rebecca Smith an aviation lawyer with Irwin Mitchell, representing some of the families of the victims said " the crash was a disaster waiting to happen and one that appears could have been avoided."
Reading between the lines from all the above, it would seem to me that criminal charges are in store. It is just a matter of what the remaining 5% of the police investigation represents. My guess would be that it is some sort of evidence which is either to be yet obtained or considered before that too is submitted to the CPS. The chances are that the police and the CPS will wish to avoid the second anniversary passing without any apparent action with continuing uncertainty and lack of justice. Who was it that said
" justice must be swift, sure and must be seen to be done, or it`s not done at all ".