PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2017, 22:39
jeffg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! You predicted that they would move the h-stab! You must be a genius! I mean obviously this is the first aircraft in the history of aviation that had to have a design change during flight test. That FH project you worked on was a success right off the drawing board wasn't it? Oh wait... it never got certified... or produced. Bob, were you really talking about yourself all this time?
Hanging that hat on some very low fruit aren't we Bob?
Oh goodness! Now you're predicting it will grow end plates! An idiot savant could make that guess.

Doesn't cruise at 125? Take a look at post #87. Bell never said it would, you did. Bell advertised a 'max speed' of 125 kts. Certainly a seasoned aviator and flight tester like yourself knows the difference between the two...right?
From what I've heard they've attained that goal.
Did they miss the price? Yes but who hasn't? Was that really a surprise? Or a daring prediction?

What else did you say?
If *ANYBODY* thinks that nose configuration will make it through to production they are high. Not gonna happen. (In fact, if anyone thinks that helicopter itself will make it into production they are also high.)
Maybe you were high when you wrote that?

Well, let's see. It did get its FAA certification...supposedly. But is it actually certified? I can't seem to find anything on the faa.gov website about it, and there is certainly no new TCDS in their database. So I'm not sure why Bell made the Big Announcement. Did they jump the gun?
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/431f2b0c090a9337862581450067d102/$FILE/R00008RD_Rev_0.pdf

Its been there. Maybe you're not as knowledgeable about the FAA as you think?

... I had a guy...I'm not sure exactly what he does or who he works for...and he seems to be pretty high up in one of the major manufacturers (won't say which)....He also told me some proprietary things about the 505, and some things about the 525 fatal that haven't yet been disclosed to the public...(I should have asked him something about the 609 crash. He'd probably pretend to know something about that one too.)... He's not an honorable man by any stretch of the imagination.
So someone whom you consider less than honorable who 'pretends' to know stuff and you think may work for an OEM told you something that you think is proprietary? Maybe he was PT Barnum?

Last edited by jeffg; 21st Jun 2017 at 10:47.