PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2017, 09:31
The Blu Riband

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enzo999
if you can give me one articulate reason as to why we are worth that much less than "A" scalers
Apparently there has been no shortage of applicants, many of whom would take a job with BA for much less pay - and irrespective of bidding / roster details.

We live in a world where P2F dictates the entry point for pilots and BA competes with both low-cost airlines and the ME carriers.

The pay and conditions for all of us has deteriorated relative to previous generations and the votes (arguably poorly managed and/or presented admittedly) which have led to a different pension scheme and starter rates were simply unavoidable. Those of us who have been with the airline for many years have seen some tough times and campaigned hard for the best T&Cs possible so to hear such negativity from those who've just joined is a little sad at best.
You really cannot blame the "senior" pilots for the interminable race to the bottom in the airline industry. In fact, i'd argue that the reverse is true!
Had BA pilots not shown a pragmatic approach and been willing to accept change would BA have been in a position to recruit onto the mainline seniority list.
And the argument holds true that if you've just joined without knowledge of BLR's and T&Cs, and are very disappointed, then now is the time to leave before becoming truly embittered.