PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Jun 2017, 21:44
kieran_s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, just thought i'd shed some light on my experience with CASE and upcoming FR assessment.

Originally applied via the CAE website on the 27th July 2016.

Finally got an email back from them on the 13th June 2017. (Almost a whole year, yeah I know)

The email said my application had been sent to ryanair and they have asked CAE to contact me reagarding my application. The lady from CAE AMS called me on the same day of the email but I missed the call due to work. Emailed them back to call me back the following day, which she kindly did. We discussed my application, things like IR expiry date, Class 1, ATPL scores and any resits, flying tests and any resits. She mentioned I had not uploaded a copy of my ATO school report, she said get a copy and upload it and I would get a call back. I contacted my old ATO (FTE Jerez) and copy the same day that Friday and uploaded it to the portal. By this time it was evening so i sent them a short explaining that the upload was done and i'll be looking forward to a call back from them.

Now today, after work another lady from CAE AMS called me. saying she had read my school report, a few of the same expiry date question, and told me that FR were happy with my application and have been invited for assessment next week monday in Dublin. I did asked for other dates but she sounded hesitant in her reply so I didn't push any further. She said I need to get 2 character references from work or people who know me, pay the assessment fee and fill out the form in the confirmation email and send it back. I was not asked any technical questions on the phone, I just assume they'll go through all that in Dublin.

Anyways so spoken to friends who for FR, who have advised me to use the info pack on lastestpilotjobs.com which I have bought. I've also booked in a sim refresher at Virtual aviation for that extra confidence.

I've been waiting for this for a very long time now so fingers crossed it goes well. Fly out to Dublin on Sunday, hotels are generally quite expensive around 180euros for 2 nights (staying until tuesday so theres no rushing to leave on the day).

Will post up how it goes and questions from HR and Tech interview. If anyone has any cheeky tips i'll be keeping eyes on the thread.