PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing Magazine articles
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2003, 21:15
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to give me an idea...would people like to see readable, interesting, amusing, mildly informative but not that much, articles... a bit like the stuff I write on here? (If you don't think I write interesting, readable stuff on PPRuNe I don't want to know! )

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of trying to get a regular column if they'll have me, on sort of this-and-that...but aviation related this-and-that of course. I have an idea for a theme; it's not quite that vague...but I'm not sure how well my particular brand of this-and-that would go down with the general readers, and I just wondered what you all thought. My own feeling is that a lot of the stuff in the mags is boring because it's not well written - and I'm conceited enough to think I could do it better, or at least liven things up a bit.

"No, go away Whirly, we don't want any more rubbish in the mags, bad enough we have to read it on PPRuNe" is an acceptable answer...and means I'll go back to writing the stuff I get paid well for.