PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2003, 20:27
XM147
vincit veritas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP

You are always suggesting that contributors to this forum should read back over the (very extensive) previous posts. Surely it is you that should be doing that... and also reading and digesting the findings of the many investigations that have taken place over the past nine years. None of which have supported the views of the AMs. Let me remind you:

March 1996 Scottish Fatal Accident Inquiry
May 1999 Computer Weekly Report on FADEC
February 2000 Publication of the National Audit Office report - Accepting Equipment Off-Contract and Into Service
June 2000 Debate on the accident called by Martin Bell MP and heard in Westminster Hall
November 2000 Publication of the 45th Public Accounts Committee Report in which the MoD are accused of 'Breathtaking Arrogance'
February 2002 Final Report of the Lords Select Committee published. They unanimously agree that the Air Marshals were not justified in finding negligence on the part of the pilots.

I have total confidence in the findings of the above investigations. I find it difficult to understand why you do not share the same confidence - especially as you seem to be a very experienced aviator.

Am I missing something?