PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2017, 04:55
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCY Car Park problems

I am a frequent business flyer using LCY. I've been through LCY twice this week and about to catch the WX113 this morning.

I have had the misfortune of repeated and unacceptable delays trying to get my car out of the car park at LCY.

For the past 6 to 8 weeks their ticket barriers repeatedly request additional car park payments despite the parking being prepaid on the LCY or Holidays Extra website.

There is clearly a software problem or some systems integration problem. Often experience delays exiting the car park because you need to press the Assistance button on the exit barrier ticketing machines then explaining meanwhile queues of cars build up on both exit lanes as other car users are also experiencing the same issue.

When you step off the aircraft with hand luggage only, if your lucky enough not to have disembarking delayed whilst adjacent aircraft manoeuvre on the ramp then all you want is a rapid exit from the car park.

I'm finding the whole LCY car park experience unacceptably frustrating lately to the point where I'd be happier to drive to alternatives or just use a different airport.

I fully expect they'll cause me consistent delays and annoyance this weekend as I and other users of their car park attempt to get our cars out of their car parks. Sick of the experience for what is a very expensive car parking charge. Their staff on the parking assistance are also incredibly inefficient and condescending too!