PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Suggestions in joining the regionals?
Old 16th Jun 2017, 17:45
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
I'm surprised Mesa isn't casting a wider net if they're going after visa holders. How much more training would be required if they took Aussies right off the boat with no FAA tickets but the requisite amount/type of flight times ?
I think they essentially are, as long as certain prerequisites are met.

It appears that the E3 Visa requires either a Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience (That would add up to 12 years of relevant experience. i.e. 3 years for every year required to obtain a Bachelors).

If a prospective applicant had a Bachelors (or relevant experience) and the minimum hours required; that would leave the ATP Exam, ATP Flight test and CTP course to complete.

- The ATP written Exam can be completed in 3 days, including the study.

- Mesa has a training program already established that includes the CTP Course. The ATP Flight test will be covered by the Check ride at the end of training (the Type Rating ride).

With the exception of the ATP written Exam, it appears that Mesas training program would cover all of the remaining requirements. Unless I'm missing something ..... again

N.B. Ahhh ..... The question is - will they require at least an FAA CPL to start the process ?

Last edited by JPJP; 16th Jun 2017 at 17:58.