PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Wales - fares and schedules
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2003, 19:05
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Wales - fares and schedules

Can anyone ‘in the know’ at Air Wales please explain their pricing.

The main headline on their website proclaims: ‘Swansea Cardiff to London, all seats £49 each way. Every seat, every flight. No extra costs. Book on line.’

When I tried to book a flight online from CWL to LCY for 9 September 2003 I was shown a price of £121.39 (£92 plus £29.39) for the return flight, when I was expecting £98. In case the £49 only applies to flights in the London direction I entered a single journey from CWL to LCY and was shown a price of £58.79 (£46 plus ££12.79). Perhaps this date was almost fully booked and prices had been increased, so I tried dates later that week but the quoted price was still £121.39.

I even tried a random date in November as a further check and this time the return fare came to £109.39 (£80 plus £29.39).

Furthermore, whereas the Air Wales website schedules page shows three daily flights CWL-LCY, their booking page now only shows two. I double-checked with the CWL Ceefax arrivals page and it seemed to confirm a reduction in flights. There used to be (going from Wales to London) a morning flight, a late morning/lunchtime flight and an early evening flight. There now seems to be a morning flight and a late afternoon/teatime flight. Is this reduction just a temporary measure?

Any information would be welcome. I am making this enquiry on behalf of someone who sometimes needs to travel from Cardiff to London and I said I would try to find out Air Wales’ situation re prices and timings.