PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2017, 11:37
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ia1166
I would have to check ,y reloading manuals on that one. 7.62 nato is 308 winchester. 30-06 springfield is the standard US army round from ww2 up until the introduction of the m16, which uses the now more common 5.56 nato, or 223 in the civilian world.

If you were serving in the US a long time ago maybe, but if in Nato it would have been the 308. Same calibre but a bigger cartridge on the 06. Good for bear and moose, not so good for trout.
Precisely, I was with the German Air Force. I remember the 7.62x51 being the .308 but wasn't sure that the .30-06 was the Springfield Caliber, my bet.
Yeah, they used to pack quite a punch but were also heavier and the standard clip would not hold as many rounds. I do get to practice some Long Range shooting here once in a while. My old man hates it when I come along with him to the outdoor range and unpack my old ballistics tables and 80's Casio calculator infront of his buddies. They all go by feel and I usually bull on the Cold Barrel Shot at 1200 meters.
Thanks for the heads up in the SOP changes. I'm not able to download the updates from home on vacation, the download rate is snail speed. So, if CM2 is doing overhead now, I'd strongly recommend CM1 still checks the battery chergers. I've seen a few of them skip that part when it is their part to do.
So the Cabin Com-Check is still done? I always though it to be a necessary hassle as even the cabin crew themselvs seem to dislike that check.