PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2017, 06:14
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
'glad rag' unlike Sweetman (at airshows) I do not claim to be an airshow maneuver expert - especially just from a video without the context of the airshow itself. Personally I have only been at ONE airshow at Richmond c.1969-70 to see a RAAF pilot mate in the DELTAS (Miracles). I have been in two RAN FAA Airshows so I never saw them from the ground or the air really. Have not been to one since 1974 so you'll have to ask elsewhere. More professional videos should give a better vantage/view point with a commentary. My guess from a single watching (bin out&about today) was that the vertical climbs must be awesome to see but the rest is compromised by zoom effect without reference. Not a bad thing. On the day there will be a high or low display according to weather and I have no idea if we saw an amalgam of the two or just one display 'high'. Flow display? Don't care - just bank 'em and yank 'em and make noise.

Remember ZOOM lenses can give a weird perspective if one is not there to judge height. An airshow has a minimum height which MUST NOT BE BROKEN whilst I believe Paris has a perimeter for display aircraft; but not sure on those points. Meanwhile people will see what they see - 'can't climb; can't run; can't turn; can't whatever'.

I'm No.2 in an Macchi MB326H (on right during three takeoff) in 1974 and in the dual Vampire in the mixed flyby in 1969 then with an instructor LDR & moi No.2 in some formation aeros later (the mighty middie).

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 16th Jun 2017 at 07:30. Reason: + vids + MB326H