PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ and the 779
Thread: NZ and the 779
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2017, 22:59
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RubberDogPoop
You put no stock in RW being Seattle a few weeks back? Coincidental timing...
I put a lot of stock on it, partly why I've discounted the recent talk of A350's... just not convinced an order was placed.

Call me cynical... or perhaps gullible... but I can't see why they'd be making media releases and internal memo's about 772 replacement options if they've already placed an order. Perhaps they're not ready to announce it, and it's all a ploy but I fail to see why.

Our 789's are now being delivered with a higher capacity Business cabin, which suggests they're going to be entering the North American market. With a similar range to the 779, the question on my mind is, assuming we start ULR flying, will it be on the 789 or a new type?

The 787-10 might not have the range we need for proposed new routes, but it would free up the 789 for ULR flying while giving us increased capacity to Asia.

All speculation of course, as I'm honestly not sure what time frame we could start receiving 779's or when we want to push further into North America. Either way, new Aircraft and routes is always encouraging.

I've also heard talk of CYYZ, which would require a 778 or 772LR