PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 135 Scheduled Operations vs 91
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2017, 16:39
yxc94550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part 135 Scheduled Operations vs 91

I recently passed my 135 initial ride working for a 135 single plane single engine and single pilot operator flying a Cherokee. So my company was waiting for me to pass the checkride for a long time due to weather and FAA under staff, and they have already had a contract lined up.

Prior my checkride, I was asked take their contract client from point A to point B in the morning and return in the afternoon under 91. They said the client(Company A) is leasing one of our flight school aircraft which owned by a leasing company (Company B) and a pilot (Me) from flight school (Company C) so the flight is totally legal fly under 91 even its technically a Part 135 operation as company B and C owned by the same person and my pay comes from company B. I of course turned down the flight at the end because I did not believe it legal to do so. Does anyone have different interpretation for this scenario?

Shortly after I passed my checkride, my company just can't wait to make all these big money, so they asked me to do a regular flight for the Company A from point A to point B in the morning and return in the afternoon same time Monday through Friday, and in this scenario my duty time supposed to end by 6:00 pm. I told them I need to have 10 consecutive hours so I won't be able to take any assignment after that time, but they said I can have bed at the airport or rest in the crew lounge at the FBO for few hours so it will reset my rest period....as far as I know I am not allow to conduct scheduled flight under 135, in this case if the client wants us to conduct flights Monday through Friday same locations, same time, does that fits into "Scheduled Flight" category?