PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Question Banks
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2017, 16:33
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The days of just using a question bank for a few weeks and getting 95% are well over, if you did that now, you'd probably fail everything except comms. I know people who have done exactly that in the last couple of months.

It probably didn't use to be the case, but every exam is adding new questions, or slightly changing the older questions. Some exams are closer to the question banks than others, notably comms and AGK to some extent, but even these are having new questions put in. The likes of BGS and AvExam will rely on feedback to add new questions to their banks, and unless they interrogate everyone who's taken an EASA exam, I reckon only one in ten new questions actually make it onto the question banks.

As for the new written questions, I imagine the whole point of them is to root-out question bankers and force more people into learning content, rather than just hammering the likes of BGS and AvExam. I had an exam the other week, and I asked someone there how their revision had been going, his reply being "Oh, very good, I've been through Bristol five times...". Still, at the start it will only be a couple of questions, and it will take years for them to become a majority.