PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2017, 08:05
ATNotts

Received 318 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by BobBHX
There is a story in this morning's businessdesk.com about MAN pening a pop-up shop in the Great Western Arcade which says:-

"The shop highlights Manchester Airport’s US routes such as San Francisco, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Houston.
The cities can currently be reached from the UK only via London or Manchester."

With misinformation like this being published by a local news outfit, what hope have UA got for their EWR connecting flights?
Adding the word "directly" might have been helpful to avoid a total misrepresentation of the facts, but we are dealing with marketing people here, who long before Donald Trump invented the term have been past masters of "fake news" and half truths.

I'd say good for Manchester in being so enterprising in seeing an opportunity in taking on this short term opportunity - however I question it's positioning in terms of getting footfall, and footfall from the people they'd like to be talking to.

I think if I were BHX I'd be looking at similar opportunities in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Northampton, Stoke and the like - must be plenty of empty retail units in all those cities where BHX could promote their offering from outside the immediate West Midlands catchment.